We’re here when you need us
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mortgage Crisis: Our Response – Mortgage offer expiry deadline promotion
This offer relates to the purchases of residential properties within the expiry date of the mortgage offer.
- This offer is only applicable to individuals i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- Dutton Gregory must have accepted, in writing, instructions to act on a purchase of residential property by no later than 21 days before the mortgage offer expires.
- This offer is only applicable to residential property purchases where a client is using a mortgage to purchase.
- This offer is limited to one property purchase per client. If a client has instructed Dutton Gregory on two or more purchases, this offer will apply to the purchase of the property with the lowest value.
Dutton Gregory will not charge conveyancing legal fees for purchases which do not complete before the mortgage offer expires, where the failure to complete is as a direct result of Dutton Gregory’s act or omission or something within Dutton Gregory’s control.
- If the client’s mortgage offer expires but is then is extended on the same rate, the client will still need to pay Dutton Gregory the legal fees.
- Should a client have already paid, or part paid, their conveyancing legal fees, a refund will be offered.
- For the avoidance of doubt, conveyancing legal fees does not include the following fees and charges:
- ID Check
- SDLT Admin Fee
- Conveyancing Searches
- Obtaining Official Copy of Title Deeds
- Same-Day Bank Transfer Fee (CHAPS)
- Land Registry and Bankruptcy Searches
- Chancel Indemnity
- Land Registry Fee (dependent on purchase price. Find out more at www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees)
- Digital signing of documents
These must be paid in accordance with Dutton Gregory’s usual conveyancing terms. For more information about Dutton Gregory’s conveyancing pricing, visit https://www.duttongregory.co.uk/site/personal/residential-property/residential-pricing/.
The following are examples of situations where the failure to complete would not result in conveyancing legal fees not being charged:
- Issues related to the property chain which have not been directly caused by action or inaction of Dutton Gregory
- Dutton Gregory’s client not having their finances in place in time to meet the mortgage offer expiry date
- Searches not coming back, where the client’s chosen mortgage lender is only accepting searches rather than insurance.
- If the client’s mortgage offer expires but is then extended on the same rate.
These are examples only. Dutton Gregory will inform clients if the offer will not apply and will explain the reasons. Dutton Gregory’s decision as to whether the offer applies is final and binding.
Effect on transaction
Dutton Gregory’s instructions are otherwise unaffected and we will continue to act until the purchase has been completed.
To speak with Dutton Gregory to discuss this offer and how it may impact your property purchase, please contact Daniel Szasz 01962 624 415 email@example.com