Since opening our Bournemouth office doors, our expert team have created an outstanding reputation for the first-class service they deliver to clients across Bournemouth and further afield. When you choose to instruct the Dutton Gregory team, you’ll be met with friendly and approachable solicitors who always have your best interests in mind.
At Dutton Gregory, our solicitors will provide a tailored service, taking the time to carefully listen to your circumstances, concerns and desired outcome, allowing us to guide you in the right direction. Our solicitors will always keep you in the progress loop, as well as explain everything in clear, plain English.
Our team’s bespoke and pragmatic service has gained a great reputation in the legal sector. Dutton Gregory was awarded the Dorset Legal Awards 2019’s Lawyer of the Year and Partner of the Year award. The team were also finalists in a further five categories.
No matter the level of complexity of your legal matter, our solicitors will provide a supportive service from devoted and caring professionals.
How to find our solicitors in Bournemouth
Travel by car
Outside our Bournemouth office, there are a few parking spaces available for clients. To book a parking spot, please speak to your key contact at Dutton Gregory or contact our reception to find out more.
We are also located near Tesco Riverside, which offers free parking.
Travel by train
Our Bournemouth office an 8 minute drive from Bournemouth train station. If you experience any problems in reaching our office, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01202 315005.
Plan your journey
To plan your journey to our legal office in Bournemouth, you can use the following link.
Dutton Gregory legal services for individuals
Property transactions can be complicated, time-consuming and often difficult to handle due to the various matters involved. Our solicitors can help reduce stress levels, prevent delays and ensure a smooth sailing process from start to finish, handling all the finer legal matters.
Our residential property solicitors in Bournemouth can support clients with various matters, including:
- Purchasing and selling flats, houses and other residential property
- Leasehold and freehold matters
- Assistance with equity release or remortgaging
- Transfers of equity
- Buy to let
- Help to buy
- Guidance on shared ownership
- Lease extensions
- Bridging finance
Family law matters are often an emotionally charged time in the involved’s lives, particularly if the issue surrounds children or finances. Our solicitors ensure our advice is personalised to align with your circumstances and needs. We believe in delivering a first-class service that is entirely empathetic from friendly and approachable solicitors.
Our family law solicitors in Bournemouth can deliver assistance with:
- Getting divorced, separating, or dissolving a civil partnership
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes
- Matters of child contact and child residence
- Grandparent contact
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Domestic violence injunctions and occupation orders
- Surrogacy and Parental Orders
- Change of name deeds
- Alternative dispute resolution including mediation and collaborative law
Tax, Wills and Estate Planning
The process of handling Wills and probate matters can be difficult, with many of us avoiding the much needed discussion of death and how our affairs will be handled. It is crucial to handle such matters, and not doing so can result in complications after your passing, including beneficiaries not receiving the full benefit of your estate due to inheritance tax.
The team have years of combined expertise assisting clients in all levels of Wills and probate complexity and matters, including:
- Drafting a Will
- Estate administration and tax planning
- Disputes regarding Wills, Trusts or estates
- Setting up Trusts
- Court of Protection
- Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Act claims
- Propriety Estoppel
Unfortunately, personal injury matters are more common than most expect. If you have suffered from an injury due to no fault of your own, you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim. Our personal injury solicitors in Bournemouth can assist you.
At Dutton Gregory, we recognise how upsetting a personal injury can be, impacting various aspects of your life, including physical and mental health, your finances due to your ability to work and more. We have helped many clients secure high value compensation, supporting them through this difficult time.
Our solicitors in Bournemouth can help with personal injury claims in concern to:
- Accidents at work
- Accidents involving children
- Animal attacks
- Fatal accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Slips and trips in public
- Stress at work
- Highway, public and private premises
Medical professionals owe us a duty of care, and where they fail to do this, it can leave you with lasting health complications. Our solicitors recognise how upsetting this can be, especially where it implicates your life. The team have helped many individuals in similar circumstances and can provide a range of funding options, including no win no fee and legal aid.
Our medical negligence solicitors in Bournemouth can assist with matters to include:
- Surgical negligence claims
- Misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, and failure to diagnose claims
- Sepsis negligence claims
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology claims
- Birth injury claims
- Fatal medical negligence claims
- Hospital negligence claims
- GP negligence claims
- Ophthalmic negligence claims
- Cosmetic surgery negligence claims
The process of immigrating to the UK can be complicated, even whether you are only here on a visit or to settle. Our solicitors have years of collective expertise and knowledge and will support you in every aspect.
Our immigration for individuals’ solicitors can help with matters concerning:
- Immigrating with partners and children
- Immigrating with adult dependants
- Permission to work in the UK
- Applying for British citizenship
- Visitor and student visas
- European residence rights
- Asylum and protection claims
- Appeals and administrative review
Employees have many legal rights, but more often than not, they are not aware of them. Our employment law solicitors will ensure you are completely aware of your rights and offer support should you be suffering from an employment dispute.
Our employment law for employees’ solicitors can provide assistance with matters including:
- Contract disputes
- Unfair dismissal
- Redundancy and other termination payments
- Restrictive covenants and disciplinary procedures
- Bullying, harassment, and victimisation claims
- Pay or working condition disputes
- Service agreements, employment contracts, consultancy arrangements and share options
- Settlement agreements
Dutton Gregory Legal Services for Businesses
Commercial property is an important asset for businesses, and the process of finding the right premises or relocating is a significant business deal which needs to be done correctly with effective legal advice.
At Dutton Gregory, our commercial property solicitors will provide advice and guidance on the advantages and limitations, as well as assist you through the commercial conveyancing process.
Our expert commercial property solicitors in Bournemouth can assist you with a wide range of matters, including:
- Portfolio management
- Property development, options, and site acquisition
- Commercial leaseholds, sales, and leasebacks
- Sales and acquisitions of freehold land and buildings
- Funding agreements and borrowing
- Contractual complexities in property transactions
No matter the size of your business, whether small or large, having legal support is crucial to ensure everything is being efficiently carried out. Our Dutton Gregory solicitors can be a valuable asset to your team.
You can be certain when working with our solicitors to receive tactical advice and support from solicitors who have years of expertise, knowledge and skill in a wide range of business sectors.
Our specialist corporate and commercial team can offer support with:
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Terms & conditions of trade
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements
- Business start-ups
- Company administration and support
- Company and business sales and purchases
- Financing and security
Business disputes are unfortunately fairly common and can have a severe impact on business operations, reputation, profit margin and more. Our commercial litigation solicitors in Bournemouth can help.
At Dutton Gregory, the commercial dispute team are trained and has considerable knowledge and expertise in all areas of resolution methods. We also push clients towards less contentious approaches, avoiding expensive and time-consuming court processes where possible.
Our Dutton Gregory solicitors in Bournemouth can help with:
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Debt recovery
- Insurance litigation
- Contract disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
Employment law can be complex, with many different responsibilities for employers. If your business is faced with an employment dispute, our expert team can help identify the issue at hand, your position and the appropriate choices available. We can walk you through tactical solutions, such as ADR and where necessary can represent you through an employment tribunal.
Our employment solicitors for employers in Bournemouth can assist with:
- Employment issues related to company mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Service agreements, employment contracts, consultancy arrangements, company policies and share options
- Shareholders and partnership agreements
- Employment tribunal claims
- Resisting unfair dismissal claims
- Resisting discrimination, bullying and victimisation claims
- Redundancy exercises and settlement agreements
- Advice on taxation
- Product liability claims
- Contract disputes
- Restrictive covenants, disciplinary procedures, and collective agreements
Business immigration can be a complex area of law to navigate. Our solicitors at Dutton Gregory have substantial knowledge and skill and can provide the proficient advice and practical guidance you need.
Our immigration business solicitors in Bournemouth have expertise in immigration obligations and opportunities, including:
- Purchasing or selling a company
- Sponsoring employees from overseas
- Appealing immigration decisions
- Business visits and representatives
Maintaining the landlord and tenant relationship is important. Should you be a commercial landlord or business tenant in dispute, our Bournemouth solicitors can guide you, providing advice on your rights and the available options.
Our landlord and tenant solicitors in Bournemouth can assist with a range of matters, including:
- Landlord advice for rent repayment order applications
- Housing disrepair claims
- Tenancy documentation review and drafting
- Dilapidation claims
- Rental arrears, debt recovery and enforcement of judgments
- Service charge arrears recovery
- Lettings law training
- Legal telephone helpline support
Property and Land Dispute Resolution
Being involved in a property and land dispute can be stressful and detrimental to your business, affecting the daily runnings. Our specialist team in Bournemouth can provide the advice and support required to guide you through, while helping to reduce stress levels and the potential impact on your business.
At Dutton Gregory, we take pride in the reliable service we offer, with fast and effective solutions. We will fully explain everything involved in the resolution process, ensuring there is no confusing legal jargon used and that you are fully prepared to fight your corner.
Our property and land dispute resolution solicitors in Bournemouth can assist with matters including:
- >Adverse possession
- Boundary disputes
- Commercial lease renewals
- Commercial rent arrears
- Dilapidation claims, unlawful occupiers, and other breaches of lease
- Disputes regarding development, sale or purchase
- Neighbour disputes
- Nuisance claims
- Party wall disputes
- Professional negligence
- Property damage
- Rent and service charge disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Resolution using Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Rights of way, rights of light and other easement disputes
- Trespass and possession claims
Legal Resources in Bournemouth
For free and useful information regarding a wide variety of matters, including adult social care and health, business, children, young people and families, environment, housing and more, visit the BCP Council website. This may be particularly handy if you are considering purchasing property in the area.
By visiting the Citizens Advice website, you will gain a vast amount of information on common legal issues. Following the link above will provide you with contact details for your nearest bureau where you can make an appointment for free, confidential legal advice. This advice is on a one-off basis, and you will not be able to instruct your advisor as a solicitor.
For a list of courts, tribunals and law centres local to you in Bournemouth, use the above link. For advice or representation through a legal matter, get in touch with Dutton Gregory today.
Call Dutton Gregory today for expert legal support in Bournemouth
Alternatively, you can fill out our short enquiry form.