Immigration law can be particularly complicated with regular changes to take into account, so if you find yourself in the position where you need to deal with any aspect of immigration law, it is understandable to feel confused and overwhelmed.
Having expert legal assistance from our immigration lawyers can help clear things up and allow you to quickly and efficiently sort out any issues you are facing regarding a visa or other immigration issues, whether as an employer or as an individual.
Our experienced team have an established reputation and exceptional expertise in dealing with all immigration matter for business, individuals and families. We can assist you with everything from the simplest visa application to handling more complex immigration matters. We aim to provide clear, practical advice tailored to your individual needs, so we can help you achieve your goals as quickly and simply as possible.
We are proud to hold Lexcel Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
In most cases, we work on a fixed-fee basis, which means you know up front how much you will pay.
If your case is not suitable for a fixed fee, then we will provide you with a quote based on an hourly rate of £180.00 inclusive of VAT. In either case, the quote will be within the range of fees set out below.
Your first phone call is free of charge: this lets us find out about your case and let you know if legal advice will be helpful to you. We are always happy to point you to free resources that will let you handle your own application, if your case is straightforward.
Prices (all costs are inclusive of VAT)
- First consultation: £100.00 fixed fee
- Settlement visa or leave to remain: £720.00 – £1,800.00
- Additional dependant applying at the same time: £250.00 fixed fee
- Indefinite leave to remain: £720.00 – £1,800.00
- Tier 1 (Investor): £1,200.00 – £1,800.00
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur): £1,200.00 – £1,800.00
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur): £900.00 – £1,200.00
- Tier 2 (General): £540.00 – £720.00
- Tier 4 (Student): from £360.00 – £720.00
- PBS dependant applying at the same time: £250.00 fixed fee
- Family permit: £360.00 – £720.00
- Residence card: £540.00 – £720.00
- Permanent residence card: from £720.00 – £900.00
Applications on private and family life grounds
- Application for leave to remain: £720.00 – £1,800.00
- First-Tier Tribunal grounds of appeal: £360.00 – £720.00
- Preparation for Tribunal hearing: £540.00 – £1,800.00
- Judicial Review letter before action: £180.00 – £360.00
- Application for Judicial Review: £360.00 – £1,800.00
What is included in my cost?
For most applications, our quoted fee will cover work in preparing your application for submission to the Home Office. This work can involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 1 hours;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 1 – 3 hours*;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 3 - 6 hours;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 1 and 2 hours of work.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
After the application has been submitted, we will provide a fresh quote for further advice.
If you would like more information about our fees, or any of the other costs that you might have to pay as part of your immigration or citizenship application please contact us.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot carry out immigration work funded by Legal Aid.
How long will my application take?
On average, this type of work takes between 3 - 6 hours to complete. This means that if your case is no suitable for a fixed fee, the average cost will be between £540.00 and £1,080based on our hourly rate of £180.00 inclusive of VAT.
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the time and cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
What additional costs should you expect?
As well as our legal fees, please be aware that you may also have to pay other disbursement costs to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These can include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process;
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal;
- Translator fees if required: we will obtain a quote for any translation required for your application;
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary;
- Court or Tribunal fees for an appeal or Judicial Review;
- The Immigration Health Surcharge;
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
You may need to pay for a barrister to represent you at an appeal hearing. We will notify you of any costs that apply to your case when you instruct us, and as the case progresses.
To contact our Consultant Solicitor, Kitty Falls, call her on +44 (0)7752 722 292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that our pricing is subject to revision. To receive a fully personalised quote, please complete our 'How Can We Help' form to the right of this page, call your nearest office or email email@example.com