We’re here when you need us

Lasting Powers of Attorney

If you were to lose your mental capacity with no Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) in place, your affairs would be handled by a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection.  This can be a lengthy and expensive process.

By making an LPA, you can appoint someone of your choice to look after your affairs and give guidance on how it should be used.  They come in two forms:-

A Property and Affairs LPA - enables the attorney to make financial decisions such as operating a bank account, dealing with tax affairs, claiming benefits and buying and selling property

A Health and Welfare LPA - enables the attorney to make decisions about where you live, consenting to or refusing medical treatment on your behalf

We can help you consider the options and if an LPA is not possible we can arrange for a Deputy to be appointed through the Court.