We’re here when you need us
Terms and Conditions: Stamp Duty Holiday Deadline Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Stamp Duty Holiday Deadline Promotion: “If we don’t make the day, you don’t pay”
This offer relates to the UK government’s Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) holiday (the Holiday). The deadline for the Holiday is currently midnight on 31st March 2021.
- This offer is only applicable to individuals i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- Dutton Gregory must have accepted, in writing, instructions to act on a purchase of residential property by no later than 5pm on 22nd March 2021.
- This offer is only applicable to property purchases which are affected by the Holiday. It does not apply, for example, to purchases by first time buyers and other buyers exempt from paying SDLT.
- This offer is limited to one property purchase per client. If a client has instructed Dutton Gregory on two or more purchases, this offer will apply to the purchase of the property with the lowest value.
- Dutton Gregory will not charge conveyancing legal fees for purchases which do not complete on or before the Holiday deadline where the failure to complete is as a direct result of Dutton Gregory’s act or omission or something within Dutton Gregory’s control.
- Should a client have already paid, or part paid, their conveyancing legal fees, a refund will be offered.
- For the avoidance of doubt, conveyancing legal fees does not include the following fees and charges:
- ID Check
- SDLT Admin Fee
- Conveyancing Searches
- Obtaining Official Copy of Title Deeds
- Same-Day Bank Transfer Fee (CHAPS)
- Land Registry and Bankruptcy Searches
- Chancel Indemnity
- Land Registry Fee (dependent on purchase price. Find out more at www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees)
- Digital signing of documents
These must be paid in accordance with Dutton Gregory’s usual conveyancing terms. For more information about Dutton Gregory’s conveyancing pricing, visit https://www.duttongregory.co.uk/site/personal/residential-property/residential-pricing/.
The following are examples of situations where the failure to complete would not result in conveyancing legal fees not being charged:
- Issues related to the property chain which have not been directly caused by action or inaction of Dutton Gregory
- Dutton Gregory’s client not having their finances in place in time to meet the Holiday deadline
- Searches not coming back, where the client’s chosen mortgage lender is only accepting searches rather than insurance.
These are examples only. Dutton Gregory will inform clients if the offer will not apply and will explain the reasons. Dutton Gregory’s decision as to whether the offer applies is final and binding.
Effect on transaction
Dutton Gregory’s instructions are otherwise unaffected and we will continue to act after the Holiday deadline until the purchase has been completed.
To speak with Dutton Gregory to discuss this offer and how it may impact your property purchase, please contact Daniel Szasz 01962 624 415 firstname.lastname@example.org