Since first opening our doors, our solicitors in Poole have developed a reputation for success. Combining a friendly approach with passion and determination, you can count on Dutton Gregory to secure your desired outcome with ease. No matter how complex your issue, our goal is to get you to where you want to be with as minimal fuss as possible.
With a proven track record for client satisfaction, our team of expert solicitors in Poole aim to be available when you need us the most. When you work with Dutton Gregory, you’ll always be kept up to date on the progress of your case. Our lawyers will explain the relevant processes in straightforward terms, ensuring that you are comfortable to proceed.
We have a great reputation in the legal sector, built upon the dedication of our high-calibre team. Dutton Gregory were winners of Dorset Legal Awards 2019’s Lawyer of the Year and Partner of the Year award. We were also finalists in a further five categories.
Whatever the nature of your legal needs, you can trust our specialists to handle your case with professionalism and care.
How to find our solicitors in Poole
Travel by car
We have parking spaces outside our offices which are available by prior booking on a first come first served basis. Please speak to your key contact at Dutton Gregory or contact our reception to find out more.
Alternatively, parking can be found at the Dolphin Shopping Centre’s Multi Storey Car Park, a five minute walk from our legal office.
Travel by train
Plan your journey
To plan your journey to our legal office in Poole, you can use the following link.
Dutton Gregory legal services for individuals
Residential conveyancing matters can often be difficult to manage, involving various stages and legalities. To ensure that everything runs smoothly, our lawyers are here to offer their expert assistance.
Our residential property solicitors in Poole can support clients with various matters, including:
- Purchasing and selling flats, houses and other residential property
- Leasehold and freehold matters
- Assistance with equity release or remortgaging
- Transfers of equity
- Buy to let
- Help to buy
- Guidance on shared ownership
- Lease extensions
- Bridging finance
Legal issues that involve family members can be tough to deal with, both emotionally and practically. To help you fulfil your legal responsibilities, our specialists can guide you, while catering to your unique needs. We will always approach family law issues sensitively, offering unbiased and constructive advice
Our family law solicitors in Poole can provide support with:
- Getting divorced, separating or dissolving a civil partnership
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes
- Matters of child contact and child residence
- Grandparent contact
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements
- Domestic violence injunctions and occupation orders
- Surrogacy and Parental Orders
- Change of name deeds
- Alternative dispute resolution including mediation and collaborative law
Arranging a Will and dealing with probate are tasks that many of us avoid, unfortunately, failing to organise these affairs can have negative consequences. Unless you leave a valid Will, loved one’s may not receive the full benefit of your estate when you pass away.
Our Wills and probate solicitors in Poole have much experience in assisting a diverse range of clients. We can help clients across a wide range of topics, such as:
- Drafting a Will
- Estate administration and tax planning
- Disputes regarding Wills, Trusts or estates
- Setting up Trusts
- Court of Protection
- Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Act claims
- Propriety Estoppel
If you’ve experienced an injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim. If you believe this may be the case, our personal injury solicitors in Poole can help you to proceed.
We appreciate that you are in a difficult position and that suffering a personal injury can be an emotional experience. This is particularly true if it’s had an effect on your health, wellbeing or ability to work. We have a great track record of success and are committed to supporting clients to secure high levels of compensation as swiftly as possible.
Our personal injury solicitors in Poole can assist with claims related to matters such as:
- Accidents at work
- Accidents involving children
- Animal attacks
- Fatal accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Slips and trips in public
- Stress at work
- Highway, public and private premises
Experiencing medical negligence can be traumatic, especially where you’ve been left with ongoing health issues as a result. At Dutton Gregory, we are experts in this area of the law. We can provide various types of funding depending on your case, including no win no fee and legal aid.
Our medical negligence solicitors in Poole can assist with claims for matters including, but not limited to:
- Bed sores
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- GP negligence
- Cosmetic surgery
- Dental negligence
- Failure to diagnose
- Gynaecology and fertility negligence
- Late diagnosis and misdiagnosis
- Maternal birth injuries
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Shoulder Dystocia
Immigration law can be rather complex, whether you’re merely visiting the UK or preparing to settle here. Our specialist immigration solicitors in Poole have the expertise and knowledge to assist you across all aspects of immigration, such as:
- Immigrating with partners and children
- Immigrating with adult dependants
- Permission to work in the UK
- Applying for British citizenship
- Visitor and student visas
- European residence rights
- Asylum and protection claims
- Appeals and administrative review
When employees find themselves having issues at work, they don’t always understand their legal rights or know how to best proceed. Our employment law solicitors for employees in Poole can provide guidance for a range of situations and topics, such as:
- Contract disputes
- Unfair dismissal
- Redundancy and other termination payments
- Restrictive covenants and disciplinary procedures
- Bullying, harassment and victimisation claims
- Pay or working condition disputes
- Service agreements, employment contracts, consultancy arrangements and share options
- Settlement agreements
Dutton Gregory Legal Services for Businesses
If your business is thinking about relocating or you’re a start-up looking for premises to operate from, you will benefit from seeking sound legal advice before committing to a purchase.
Here at Dutton Gregory, our commercial property solicitors in Poole have the experience and knowledge necessary to identify the risks and opportunities involved with purchasing commercial property.
Our expert team can assist you with a wide range of matters, including:
- Portfolio management
- Property development, options and site acquisition
- Commercial leaseholds, sales and leasebacks
- Sales and acquisitions of freehold land and buildings
- Funding agreements and borrowing
- Contractual complexities in property transactions
At Dutton Gregory, our commercial solicitors in Poole have built a reputation for providing a first-class service to businesses large and small. Whether your business is a brand new start-up or a well-established franchise, our solicitors will be a valuable addition to your team.
Founded on many years’ experience of successful work for businesses across a variety of industries, you can rely on us for strategic advice on a number of issues. Our specialist team can offer support with:
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Terms & conditions of trade
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements
- Business start-ups
- Company administration and support
- Company and business sales and purchases
- Financing and security
The majority of businesses will face a dispute at some stage, common business issues include debt recovery, company formation or commercial property disputes. If you find yourself caught up in a dispute, our commercial litigation solicitors in Poole can help.
Our teams are trained across all areas of dispute resolution and will always try to resolve the dispute without resulting to Court processes. Where Court proceedings cannot be avoided, our experts can represent you.
At Dutton Gregory we can assistance support with:
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Debt recovery
- Insurance litigation
- Contract disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
At Dutton Gregory, our employment solicitors offer a comprehensive service for employers, identifying potential threats and providing tailored solutions that meet your needs. We can offer support if employees raise claims against you or help you to draft your key contracts and policies.
Our employment solicitors for employers in Poole can help with:
- Employment issues related to company mergers, sales and acquisitions
- Service agreements, employment contracts, consultancy arrangements, company policies and share options
- Shareholders and partnership agreements
- Employment tribunal claims
- Resisting unfair dismissal claims
- Resisting discrimination, bullying and victimisation claims
- Redundancy exercises and settlement agreements
- Advice on taxation
- Product liability claims
- Contract disputes
- Restrictive covenants, disciplinary procedures and collective agreements
At some stage your business may need advice on immigration, this area of the law can be difficult to navigate, but rest assured our immigration solicitors can help.
When you need transparent advice about your immigration obligations and opportunities, our immigration business solicitors in Poole can support you with:
- Purchasing or selling a company
- Sponsoring employees from overseas
- Appealing immigration decisions
- Business visits and representatives
Whether you’re a commercial landlord or a business tenant, our landlord and tenant solicitors in Poole can offer expert legal guidance, helping you to meet your obligations or to solve any issues.
We can help you with a range of matters, such as:
- Landlord advice for rent repayment order applications
- Housing disrepair claims
- Tenancy documentation review and drafting
- Dilapidation claims
- Rental arrears, debt recovery and enforcement of judgments
- Service charge arrears recovery
- Lettings law training
- Legal telephone helpline support
Property and Land Dispute Resolution
Property disputes can be incredibly stressful, particularly if the dispute is negatively affecting your business. Our property litigation solicitors in Poole can provide specialist knowledge to guide you through, whether you are renewing a lease or defending yourself against a claim.
We pride ourselves on offering fast and effective solutions, ensuring that you understand the process and are fully prepared.
We can assist with property disputes related to matters including:
- Adverse possession
- Boundary disputes
- Commercial lease renewals
- Commercial rent arrears
- Dilapidation claims, unlawful occupiers and other breaches of lease
- Disputes regarding development, sale or purchase
- Neighbour disputes
- Nuisance claims
- Party wall disputes
- Professional negligence
- Property damage
- Rent and service charge disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Resolution using Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Rights of way, rights of light and other easement disputes
- Trespass and possession claims
Legal Resources in Poole
For useful information regarding housing, health, education, employment and more, visit the Poole council website. This is especially handy for those looking to purchase property in the area to provide an overview on facilities, authorities and opportunities available in Poole.
For confidential advice across a range of legal issues, get in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau to make an appointment with an advisor. While they will not be able to act as a solicitor in any legal case, their advice is free and may act as a useful starting point.
For a list of courts, tribunals and law centres local to you in Poole, follow the above link. If you are in need of advice or representation through a court case, get in touch with Dutton Gregory today.
Call Dutton Gregory today for expert legal support
Alternatively, you can fill out our short enquiry form.