We know your business matters
Debts can arise in all walks of life and we regularly advise and assist businesses and individuals alike.
The bulk of our debt recovery instructions come from businesses across various sectors. With many years of experience and strong expertise in litigation both in and out of court, our debt recovery service is fast, efficient and economical.
We have an experienced team who can assist you with recovering both disputed and undisputed debts. This page covers our pricing for undisputed debt recovery – please get in touch to find out more about our fee structure for pursuing disputed debts. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer care skills enabling you to send out the right message and retain the goodwill of your customers whilst recovering outstanding payments.
We can offer you clear, practical advice and will discuss all the options available to establish the most appropriate way of dealing with debtors. We have tried and tested processes in place to ensure we can recover undisputed debts quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively, with transparent fixed fees.
We are proud to hold Lexcel Accreditation, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
Our dedicated and experienced debt recovery team aim to recover money as quickly as possible at minimum cost to our clients.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party dispute your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Paper form fee
Online claim fee
Our fees – Letter of Claim and Issuing Proceedings
Up to £5,000
We do not accept instructions for claims under £5,000. However, we are happy to refer you to a debt collection company who may be able to assist.
£5,000.01 to £10,000
£500 (plus VAT)
£10,000.01 to £50,000
5% of the claim
4.5% of the claim
£1,000 (plus VAT)
£50,000.01 to £200,000
5% of the claim
4.5% of the claim
£2,000 (plus VAT)
More than £200,000
You cannot make a claim online
£5,000 (plus VAT)
If you wish to proceed with a claim, please note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
What is included in my cost?
For most cases, the fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- Undertaking appropriate searches;
- Sending a letter before action;
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim;
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment;
- If payment is not received within 28 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
How long will my matter take?
Matters usually take 4-15 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. Please note that if enforcement action is needed, the matter may take longer to resolve.
Please be aware that our pricing is subject to revision. To receive a fully personalised quote, please complete our 'How Can We Help' form to the right of this page, call your nearest office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We charge an administration fee of £25 plus VAT for carrying out an online search to obtain evidence of your identity and address.