Below are the answers to January's employment quiz...
1. What is the maximum tax free redundancy payment that an employee can receive?
2. Under the new legalisation which following statement is correct?
Answer: Expectant fathers are permitted the right to unpaid time off to attend ante natal appointments
3. After childbirth it is a criminal offence to allow a new mother to return to work within what time frame?
Answer: 2 weeks
4. Which of the following are not mandatory requirements of a settlement agreement?
Answer: The employer must make a contribution to the individual’s legal fees
5. The relatively new S111a of Employment Rights Act 1996 allows employers to propose termination of employment in agreed terms to an employee on a confidential basis but what type of cases are not covered by S111A?
Answer: Sex discrimination
6. Business immigration: if a Tier 2 sponsor's licence is revoked, how long must they wait before being eligible to reapply?
Answer: 6 months