After an early education in the West Country Mark Broad joined the Inner Temple and passed out of Bar School at the Inns of Court School of Law at Gray's Inn, London in 1991. He then practiced for 6 years in and around Yorkshire before also co-qualifying as a Solicitor and returning south to Winchester to join Dutton Gregory and set up the firm’s Employment department.
Mark continues to have a national profile speaking at conferences and seminars across Britain. Regionally his practice incorporates all aspects of employment law including a great majority of the areas of law set out in our pages covering the subject matter here.
Mark’s client base includes employers of all shapes and sizes and senior and junior employees. He is often said to be ‘not like other lawyers’ and 'approachable and friendly'. Clients know that they can call for a quick steer on a difficult issue without fear of receiving an invoice by return. Indeed, the ethos of the Employment Team is not to charge for straight forward enquiries, but to invoice commercially if a project develops.
Mark was appointed a Hampshire Ambassador in 2006 and elected to the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce in 2011. He is an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, Board member of the Winchester Business Improvement District and a ‘speak out’ volunteer for NSPCC ChildLine.
Some recent cases:
- Resisting claim for over £100,000, concluded at £400.
- Resisting unfair dismissal claim against client, concluded by claimant withdrawing.
- Resisting and applying for dismissal of multiple discrimination claims against client.
- Steering client through complex negotiations to create favourable exit terms.
- Pursuing several years’ unpaid holiday and back pay for multiple clients.
- Pursuing redundancy pay and damages for client pressured to resign.
- Presenting unfair dismissal claim for stressed, whistleblower client.
For more information please call Mark on 01962 624422