Small claims made easy for businesses
- Are you owed a sum of money under £10,000?
- Have you been told it is not worth pursuing because the cost would be disproportionate?
- Are you avoiding pursuing a claim because you don't have the time or resources to pursue Court action?
We have the answer. If you need to recover a sum of money under £10,000 we are here to help you with our simple, straight forward and no hidden charges fixed fee packages. Just choose the best grade to suit your needs :
Basic: £500 + VAT
- 5 hours work to include a 30 minute consultation;
- Review of the papers
- Comply with pre-action protocol with draft letter of claim and deal with response to letter of claim;
- If it becomes necessary, draft claim form and particulars of claim;
- Issue and serve;
- Receipt and advice on any defence.
Enhanced: £750 + VAT
- 7 1/2 hours work including all of the Basic package plus;
- Directions questionnaire
- Two statements;
- 100 pages of document disclosure and hearing bundle.
Premium: £1,000 + VAT
- 10 hours work including all of the Enhanced package plus;
- Representation at any Trail lasting up to 4 hours.
Ultimate: £1,250 + VAT
- 12 1/2 hours work including all of the Premium package plus;
- Exploring and advising on enforcement options;
- Instruction of High Court Enforcement Officer.
How long will my matter take?
Matters usually take 8 – 40 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. Please note that if enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
What additional costs should I expect?
You will also have to pay the Court a fee to start a claim. These are calculated on a sliding scale depending on the value of the claim:
|Debt value||Court fee|
|Up to £5,000||£35 - £455|
|£5,001 - £10,000||5% of the value of the claim|
If the case does not settle, a hearing fee of between £25 and £335 is payable to the Court shortly before the final hearing.
Please be aware that our pricing is subject to revision. To receive a fully personalised quote, please complete our 'How Can We Help' form to the right of this page, call us, or email firstname.lastname@example.org