We are looking for a driven professional to join our Accounts team in Chandler’s Ford as a Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- supervision and coaching of the established finance team (previous management experience is essential)
- managing day to day Accounts operations including dealing with client monies
- managing lock up (WIP, debtors and disbursements)
- financial analysis to assess business performance
- preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- assisting with budgeting and outturn
- other internal reporting requirements, which will be used at Board and Partner level
- producing year-end partnership accounts
- managing the LLP and SRA audit preparation work and liaising with the auditors
- preparation of VAT returns
Knowledge and experience of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is preferred.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a positive can-do attitude and previous experience in a similar role working within an SME professional services environment, preferably legal.
You will have excellent communication skills and will excel in building relationships. You will also have first-rate attention to detail, and a high level of IT literacy with strong excel skills.