Although mediation is normally conducted in person, due to the current lockdown situation caused by Covid-19, this cannot happen. However, we are able to offer our clients mediation services via several diferent video conferenncing options, enabling the parties and mediator to discuss the issues through virtual means.
Intitial Mediation Information Assessment Meetings (MIAMs) can be dealt with virtually or by telephone.
How Does It Work?
If the couple decides that they would like to proceed with mediation, then joint sessions will be conducted by Skype, organised by the mediator.
The mediator can assist the participants to set up for the online mediation session, such as:
- Adjusting the height of the chair, desk or table in relation to the camera
- Arranging adequate lighting on the persons’ faces
- Changing the participants’ distance from the camera
- Looking into the possible use of headsets
Is It Still Confidential?
We hold our clients' security as the highest priority.
To protect the confidentiality of the mediation process, we we ensure everyone agrees the following in advance:
- They will not create any electronic, video or audio record of the mediation
- They will not make or allow any live or deferred video, or audio relay of the mediation to others
- Only the participants to the mediation, and those who have signed the agreement to mediate, will be present in the room used by each participant during any mediation session.
What Do I Need To Take Part?
Minimum recommended specifications for hardware and software (mediators and participants) are as follows:
- The latest version of the chosen webcam software for your device (most software will be supported to 2 major releases prior to the current one)
- A high-speed broadband connection (see below)
- High-quality or HD webcam or microphone and speakers (built-in or external headset with microphone)
- A desktop/laptop with a 2 GHz dual core processor or greater
- The latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari
- Broadband connection - minimum download speed 2Mbps / minimum upload speed 1Mbps
To organise a MIAM and/or joint mediation session, get in touch with us below, and we will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.
☎️ 023 8022 1344
Payment for the session will need to be made in advance.
If you would like further information about mediation, have a look at the Resolution website: https://resolution.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/helping-couples-reach-agreement-mediation-leaflet.pdf