Dutton Gregory is happy to announce a two part seminar presented by William Warnock (Bar Graduate Lawyer). In this second session William will discuss Commercial Property SIPPs and will discuss the day to day issues, unauthorised benefits and tax charges and commercial property managing agents.
The topics that will be covered in the seminar are:
Day to Day Issues
- Occupational Lease issues – the do and don’ts that’ll save your client time and money
- Vacant properties, what to do and the risks – how not to lose the property
- Joint SIPPs, disputes, differing wishes and change of partnerships etc. – it’s good until it goes wrong
- Developing the property – timing is everything
- Inter-member buyouts – can you have a hostile takeover?
Unauthorised Benefits and Tax Charges
- Member tenant rent arrears - the worrying truth
- Unauthorised occupation of SIPP property – you’ll pay one way or another
- Insolvency – doesn’t end with bankruptcy
- Residential development – do it too soon at your peril
- Taking a pecuniary benefit from the SIPP
Commercial Property Managing Agents
- How they fit in with the SIPP
- Their responsibilities
William has vast experience within this specialism with 18+ months’ experience, working in house with one of the largest SIPP providers in the UK.